Monday, January 12, 2009

Raisin Bran Blueberry Muffins


I found this recipe when I had an abundance of Raisin Bran to use up (sometimes I go overboard when I find a good sale). The original doesn't call for blueberries, but I like it that way.
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups flour (I use whole wheat flour from white wheat that I grind at home)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
3 cups of Raisin Bran or 1 1/2 cups All Bran
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
1/3 cup oil
1 cup blueberries (optional)
Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Set aside. Measure Raisin Bran cereal and milk into large bowl. Stir to combine. Let stand 2 minutes. Add egg and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture , stirring only until combined. Gently fold in blueberries. Divide into 12 muffin cups. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.

No comments: