Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Oriental Chicken Salad


This recipe is supposed to be a clone of Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad. I think it's pretty close. This is for 4 servings, I usually double it for my family.
Ingredients:
Dressing:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
6 Tbls honey
4 tsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbls rice vinegar
1/4 tsp sesame oil
Salad:
4 cooked, breaded chicken breast, cut into strips (I use a bag of Tyson chicken)
6 cups of lettuce(s) (I usually use a combination of romaine, red or green leaf lettuce, and sometimes I'll throw in some spinach as well)
2 cups shredded red cabbage
3 green onions, chopped
shredded carrots (I use the matchstick carrots, pre-cut)
toasted almonds
rice noodles (these come in a can by the chow mein noodles. Similar to chow mein, only thinner)
To serve this, I mix just the lettuce and cabbage together, divide onto plates, then top each salad with the rest of the ingredients and top with the dressing.
4 servings

No comments: